'We're in total shock that the fight against Chris Eubank Jr was called off,' says Nigel Benn.

"My son is wonderful. I know he doesn't [sic] cut any corners; he just gets right to work. However, we will keep you updated and inform you of the next steps. He's a dependable trainer and a good athlete. He doesn't leave any stone unturned. We'll find out what's going on." Nigel Benn's

Nigel Benn has defended his son, Conor, after his fight against Chris Eubank Jr was postponed due to a failed drugs test, insisting that his son is a "clean athlete."

The Voluntary Anti-Doping Association revealed a "adverse analytical finding for trace amounts of a fertility drug" in one of Conor Benn's recent tests on Wednesday (VADA).

After promoters Matchroom Boxing and Wasserman Boxing issued a joint statement earlier in the day saying the fight would go ahead as planned, the British Boxing Board of Control announced the fight with Eubank Jr was "prohibited as it is not in the interests of boxing."

The two fighters were already aware of the drug test result and were eager to continue with the fight, which follows two fights between their fathers in the 1990s, but Matchroom Boxing confirmed the bout was cancelled on Thursday.

Former middleweight world champion Nigel Benn took to Instagram on Friday to defend his son, posting a video and vowing, "We will get to the bottom of this."

"Hello guys, as you know, we're completely shocked," he added.

"I've been with my son for the last ten weeks, and the training has just been absolutely fantastic."

"He's a dedicated trainer who leaves no stone unturned, and we're going to get to the bottom of this."

"I adore my son." I know he doesn't [sic] cut any corners; he just gets right to work.

"But we'll keep you updated and let you know what the next steps are, but you know, he's a loyal trainer and a clean athlete."

"I'll get back to you all soon, God bless."

Benn is 'gutted' by the delay and is focused on 'clearing his name' | Hearn: We don't believe Benn has received due process.

Conor Benn stated on social media, "I am truly gutted that we are unable to make this fight happen on Saturday, and I apologize to everyone who has been affected by the postponement."

"I'm still shocked and surprised by this, and it's been a difficult couple of days." My team and I will discuss the next steps, which may include rescheduling the fight, but my immediate priority is to clear my name because I am a clean athlete!"

On Thursday, promoter Eddie Hearn said during a brief media briefing where no questions were taken: "I want to make it clear that Conor Benn has not been suspended by the British Boxing Board of Control, and we do not believe he has been treated fairly, as have many others in similar situations.

"I've heard that we went to the High Court and brought in foreign commissions, but this is simply not true; we took our time and made a decision that we felt was in the best interests of all parties involved. It wasn't an easy decision to make.

"This is a sport that is very, very dear to us, and while we were desperate for this fight to take place for the fans, for the undercard fighters, we made a decision we felt we had to make at this time, especially given the sport's and the British public's interest."