Wolves 1-0 Nottingham Forest: Jose Sa saves Brennan Johnson's penalty after Ruben Neves scores from the spot.

Match report and highlights as Ruben Neves' second-half penalty, followed by Jose Sa's penalty save from Brennan Johnson, gives managerless Wolves a 1-0 home win; Wolves interim manager Steve Davis earns his first victory in charge, lifting the club out of the relegation zone as Forest remain bottom.

Wolves beat Nottingham Forest 1-0 at home after Jose Sa saved Brennan Johnson's penalty. Ruben Neves scored from the spot to lift Wolves out of the relegation zone.

Wolves were awarded a penalty in the 55th minute after referee Thomas Bramall pointed to the spot for Harry Toffolo's handball from Adama Traore's shot following a lengthy VAR review.

Then Neves stepped up to score Wolves' fourth goal of the season and their first in the second half this season.

After another VAR review, referee Bramall penalized Matheus Nunes for pulling back Ryan Yates at a corner, giving the away team the chance to equalize.

But goalkeeper Sa, who has been out with a broken wrist since the second game of the season, stood firm to deny Johnson and give Wolves interim manager Steve Davis his first win in charge, lifting the club two points above the bottom three.

Forest, on the other hand, are at the bottom of the table and have not won a league game since mid-August.

A story about two penalties

Wolves, who are still looking for a new manager after sacking Bruno Lage earlier this month, came close in the first half when Max Kilman's header from Traore's cross hit the post.

However, Wolves failed to score in the first 45 minutes, while Forest's best chance came in the 10th minute, when Scott McKenna headed Morgan Gibbs-corner White's over.

Early in the second half, the home team maintained their dominance and were rewarded when Traore cut in from the right and his shot deflected off Toffolo's arm, prompting VAR official Lee Mason to send the referee to the monitor.

After several replays, Bramall awarded the penalty, which Neves converted powerfully to end Wolves' Premier League goal drought of 370 minutes.

In the 75th minute, VAR intervened in Forest's favor when Bramall was sent to the monitor, where he adjudged Nunes to have fouled Yates.

But Sa overcame a wrist injury to dive to his left and save Johnson's spot-kick, giving Wolves their second league win of the season.

What comes next?

Wolves return to action on Tuesday, when they travel to Selhurst Park to face Crystal Palace at 8.15 p.m.

Nottingham Forest will also be on the road in their next game, as Steve Cooper's side travels to the Amex on Tuesday to face Brighton, with kick-off at 7.30pm.